Twin Box Slitter® for Converting
Make your corrugated box production process more efficient with the Twin Box Slitter (TBS).
The Twin Box Slitter® is a unique converting machine. The addition of a Twin Box Slitter enables box plants to double the production of Flexo Folder Gluers by running two-up boxes. These boxes are slit by the Twin Box Slitter creating two boxes. Once the boxes are separated, they are ready to be bundled. This process allows manufacturers with a mid-sized Flexo Folder Gluer to efficiently create a wide range of corrugated box sizes from very small to large on one machine with the potential to double productivity at the same time. Learn more about expanding Flexo Folder Gluer box productivity through the addition of a Twin Box Slitter.
A little history on the Twin Box Slitter: It was invented by Marquip, which became, MarquipWardUnited , and is now BW Papersystems, an industry-leading manufacturer of machines for businesses in the sheeting, converting, and corrugating industries.
Continue reading to learn more about how a Twin Box Slitter can expand your product’s Flexo Folder Gluer box size capabilities and machine productivity.
The Twin Box Slitter is a unique converting machine. The addition of a Twin Box Slitter enables box plants to double the production of Flexo Folder Gluers by running two-up boxes. These boxes are slit by the Twin Box Slitter creating two boxes. Learn more about expanding Flexo Folder Gluer box productivity through the addition of a Twin Box Slitter.
The Twin Box Slitters integration with the Flexo Folder Gluer streamlines your production process and doubles your yield.
- Box width to be slit, also referred to as the TBS machine direction:
- Minimum: 14” (355mm) (creating 2 – 7” (178mm) boxes)
- Maximum: 50” (1270 mm) (creating 2 – 25” (635mm) boxes)
- Box length to be slit (TBS cross-machine direction)
- Minimum: 12” (305mm)
- Maximum: 42” (1066 mm)
- Maximum box length (TBS cross-machine direction) to “Pass Through” TBS without slitting
- Maximum: 50” (1270 mm)
BW Papersystems Twin Box Slitter offers its operators many benefits thanks to the machine’s highly engineered design. In addition to increasing the speed of your manufacturing process, a Twin Box Slitter offers:
- Increased flexo folder gluer productivity
- Industry-proven razor-slitting technology
- Improved bundle stability
- Fast machine setup
- Sharp slit cut can boost box compression performance
- Interface that can integrate with virtually any Flexo Folder Gluer
- Enables production of two-up half slotted containers (HSCs)
- Run smaller boxes
Twin Box Slitter
Double the Productivity of your Flexo Folder Gluer with our Twin Box Slitter!
Find Your Machine
BW Papersystems offers a wide selection of paper industry equipment with industry-leading technology.
Learn more about the BW Papersystems equipment and products offered.
Works Well With
If you are looking for other machines in the process, here they are.
You Might Also Like
The machine or line you are looking at is great, here are some other models or individual line units.