Questec RQS-V 850 / 1650 Rotary Sheeter
Learn more about our rotary sheeter and its unique sheet transport system below.
The Questec RQS-V is a size flexible, high-speed sheeter with innovative sheet transport by air. It efficiently handles lightweight paper grades for patient information leaflets, package inserts, wet glue labels, in-mould labels or scratch sensitive plastic films. A production speed of 400 m/min and extremely short start-up ramps make the RQS-V ideal for small batches and frequent order changes.
Precise Cut & Stack Quality
A clean, accurate cut with a cutting tolerance of ± 0,15 mm/1000 mm and a perfect stacking pattern due to gentle, safe pulling of the sheets onto the stack.
Various Sizes & Quick Change-Overs:
Compact, Ergonomic Design:
With its job memory, few setting points and extreme short start-up time, the RQS-V needs little attention. One operator can run two RQS-V sheeters in parallel.
|RQS-V 85||RQS-V 145||RQS-V 165|
|Max. Web Width||850 mm (33.46 in)||1450 mm (57 in)||1650 mm (65 in)|
|Min. Web Width||400 mm (15.74 in)||400 mm (15.74 in)||400 mm (15.74 in)|
|Sheet Length||min. 400 mm / 15.74 in (optional: 280 mm /11 in)|
max. 1060 mm / 42 in or 1500 mm / 59 in (optional: 1800 mm / 71 in)
|Paper / Board Grammage||min. 40 gsm|
max. 190 gsm (optional: 300 gsm)
|Film Thickness||min. 50 μm|
max. 190 μm (optional: 300 μm)
|Max. Production Speed||400 m/min. / 1300 ft/min.*|
|Cut Accuracy||+ / - 0,15 mm (0.006 in )|
|Pallet Height||1500 mm|
|Number of Webs||1|
|Number of Pockets||1 - 4|
|Substrate||Paper, Board, Film, Wet Glue Labels, Specialties Papers|
|Options Available||Unwind, Inline embossing, Web cleaner, Web inspection, Slitting, Cut-to-Register,|
Tab inserter, Sample taking device, Remote diagnostics
* dependent upon material characteristics & speed curve
Highlights of the Questec RQS-V
- Speed: at 400 m/min. (1300 ft/min.), sheets are reliably cut and placed on the stack
- Sheet transport by air: contactless «Air-Stream» transport without belts or rollers eliminates markings, turned-up corners (dog ears) or slipped sheets
- Precision: proven cross cutting technology with a dynamic drive allows for a clean, accurate cut with a cutting tolerance of ± 0,15 mm/1000 mm
- Quality: perfect stacking pattern due to gentle, safe pulling of the sheets onto the stack
- Compact & ergonomic: No platform and very small footprint of the main machine of less than 3 m (10 ft), thus well laid out and easy and safe to operate
- Reliable handling: thanks to „«Air-Stream» the material is always safely transported, independent of web curvature, statics or surface condition
- Fast set-up times: extremely short start-up ramps thanks to fewer setting points plus job memory
- Virtually maintenance-free: a sheet transport without belts or rollers eliminates wear
- Precision sheeting for manufacturers and converters of lightweight papers or plastic films, including materials with sensitive surfaces, e.g. in-mould labels, wet glue labels, pharmaceutical information leaflets or scratch-sensitive plastic films
- Inline integration with Offset, Gravure, Flexographic or Digital web-fed presses for commercial or specialty printers like product insert printers (PIL), even including embossing
Questec RQS-V: sheeting 40 gsm lightweight paper at 300 to 400 mpm
With speeds of 400 m/min., the Questec RQS-V is the world’s fastest variable rotary sheeter. It cuts lightweight paper, plastic film, beer labels and more at stepless variable cut-off lengths. This video demonstrates sheeting of 40 gsm lightweight paper, size 725 x 610 mm and, in 2 pocket operation, size 675 x 1110 mm - running at 300 up to 400 m/min. The sheeter can transport and cut single-layer thin printing papers starting from 30 gsm. For statically charged plastic film, transportation can start from 80 µm at a cut-off length of 400 mm - 1060 mm. This high-performance sheeter offers maximum flexibility, competitive technology, and high speeds.Watch Video
Find Your Machine
BW Papersystems offers a wide selection of paper industry equipment with industry-leading technology.
Learn more about the BW Papersystems equipment and products offered.
Works Well With
If you are looking for other machines in the process, here they are.
You Might Also Like
The machine or line you are looking at is great, here are some other models or individual line units.