TIP F 4080 Upgrade of Drives (Directdrive), Binary Control & Automation to Siemens PLC-S7 TIA (AC to AC)
Machine Model for Improvement
All Jagenberg sheeters with PLC-S5 and direct drive
Description of Improvement
Critical components for the Siemens S5 machine control are obsolete and spare parts are no longer available. If any of these components should fail or break, extensive sheeter downtime and costly production loss would result.
This upgrade converts the Siemens S5 machine control and automation to a Siemens PLC-S7 TIA machine control and automation. All components, such as the CPU and I/O cards and necessary peripherals (e.g. new HMI panels) are replaced.
In addition to the scope of supply of TIP F 4055, this TIP module includes new drives according to the schematic overview above. The converters, controllers and encoders (if required) will also be replaced. For a DC/DC configuration the existing switch cabinets will be used further. For a DC/AC and AC/AC configuration new switch cabinets are included in this upgrade.
The sensor technology and actuators are not included in this upgrade and can be used further. The existing main motor will not be replaced.
The Automation will be implemented with the following functions:
- degressive web tension control with master roll
- automatic detection of numbers of layers for the counting
- recording and display of machine speed
- input of size length and transfer to the drive
- detection and display of the size length
- sheet counting according to sheets and reams
- fast jam protection (sheet / gap monitoring)
- output of the signals for the inserting units
- pile change after achieving desired sheet count, desired ream
- gate control with fault transportation of two sorting lines
- fault messages (of the new automation) on the operating terminal
- connection to the existing control
- Modern machine control replacing obsolete S5 components - ensures spare parts’ availability
- Prerequisite for further upgrades
- Investment typically pays for itself within days - compared to unplanned downtime
The BW Papersystems Service Department is a highly dedicated team of people committed to giving the best customer support in the industry. Trained technicians are available for emergency service, machine updates and maintenance.
Technicians are available throughout the world for fast response and quality service. Learn more about how our service technicians can help you.