TIP 030-0455 Low Profile Kraft End Seal
Machine Model for ImprovementPemco packaging machine Model 32, 33, 34, 34HS, 37, 37HS, 39S
Description of Improvement
This upgrade is part of the Technical Improvement Program (TIP); a Low Profile Kraft End Seal will be converted to a low profile modular design which contains the following improvements:
- A lower belt height eliminates the plate pivoting issues experienced with higher belts, reducing uneven contact with the sides of the ream during the sealing process.
- Significantly reduced number of mechanical parts ensures reduced downtimes and maintenance interventions.
- Discrete spring pressure points have been replaced by a spring plate which ensures much larger point of contact with the end of the ream.
This improvement ensures less pressure between the end seal belts than before, allowing the operators to setup the end seal not as tight as what they are used to, the result is longer belt life while maintain ream integrity. Improved belt tracking is now the length of the end seal resulting in extended belt life. Not having any back bends on the belt drive terrain ensure the drive rollers and idler rollers stay free of debris, again extending the belt life. Simplified belt tensioning allows quick belt change with reduced down times.
- Center belt to help transfer reams
- Simple design for maintenance with less parts and easier setup
- Even pressure applied on ream from each side of the end seal section to improve ream quality and mechanical part life
The BW Papersystems Service Department is a highly dedicated team of people committed to giving the best customer support in the industry. Trained technicians are available for emergency service, machine updates and maintenance.
Technicians are available throughout the world for fast response and quality service. Learn more about how our service technicians can help you.