After the books have been sewn, laminated and cut to size using the Passport 1, 2 and 3, the PassPort 4 numbers the books with a gothic number and/or a laser perforation. Alternatively, a barcode of the passport number can be applied into the book or printed onto a label. Optionally chips can be simultaneously verified and initialized for e-passports.
All styles of passports and e-passports can be manufactured by combining machine PassPort 4 with our PassPort 1, 2 and 3 machines.
• Suitable for (electronic) Machine Readable Travel Document (eMRTD) according to ISO and ICAO standards
• High productivity and reliable production in terms of quality and output
• Sophisticated technology for easy operation and maintenance
• Rigid design for increased life expectancy (>30 years)
• Modular layout in order to accomodate various types of passports and future Upgrades
PassPort 4 basic equipment
• Opening of cover and pages according to passport layout
• CRN impact number/barcode 39 printing
• Camera control of printed numbers/bar codes
• Registration of Chip-UIDs and passport numbers
• Opening of additional pages
• Laser perforation of the number with round or shaped holes (square, triangle, oval, star)
• Offset transport for optimum utilisation of laser cycles• Camera control of perforated numbers
• Vertical delivery
• Chip initialization
• Enhanced tracking features
• Inkjet number printing
The PassPort 2 machine laminates covers, e-covers and/or chip-inlays onto layers sewn by PassPort 1.