Roller System (RS) Heavy-Duty Doublefacer
The hold-down system is comprised of precise liquid-filled weight rolls.
Roller System benefits:
- Provides even distribution of belt pressure for optimum heat transfer and excellent bonding.
- The rolls do not warp. This eliminates board quality defects, even after a stop.
- Weight rolls produce less drag on the belt, resulting in energy savings.
- There is no need to eliminate load on the belt edges as a paper width changes. This ensures consistently good bonding across the entire web no matter how narrow the web is.
Heat Press (HP) Sliding Shoe System
The Heat Press system is a unique shoe design that is stiff in the cross-machine direction. If only a small amount of web is under the shoe, the shoe will not tilt down.
Heat Press benefits:
- Provides excellent bonding while eliminating board crush.
- Ensures superior bond at the board edges regardless of the web width.
- Eliminates the need for “outside shoe offloading systems” and eliminates the belt wear associated with typical shoe systems that do not offload.
- Relatively simple system with few mechanical parts.
- Sections of hold-down can be lifted or lowered by selecting any one of a series of computer-controlled zone hold-down section versus speed curves to accommodate various board grades.