The layers which have been sewn and laminated in PassPort 1 and 2 are separated into single ups, folded and cut to size in a die cutting station using the PassPort 3 machine.
The passport covers can be gold embossed. All styles of passports and e-passports can be manufactured by combining PassPort 3 with our PassPort 1, 2 and 4 machines.
• Suitable for (electronic) Machine Readable Travel Document (eMRTD) according to ISO and ICAO standards
• High productivity and reliable production in terms of quality and output
• Sophisticated technology for easy operation and maintenance
• Rigid design for increased life expectancy (>30 years)
• Modular layout in order to accomodate various types of passports and future Upgrades
Passport 3 basic equipment
• Feeding of sewn and laminated layers
• Separating cut into single ups
• Creasing station with optional heating
• Spine pressing station with optional heating
• Gold embossing with turning of the passport
• Quality control of gold embossing by camera with automatic rejections
• Chip verification with fully automated rejection of defect chips without interrupting of production
• Registration of chip-UIDs used and other tracking features
• Vertical book delivery, magazine outfeed
The PassPort 2 machine laminates covers, e-covers and/or chip-inlays onto layers sewn by PassPort 1.