Available in 2 configurations:
Roller System (RS) Heavy-Duty Doublefacer
The holddown system is comprised of precise liquid-filled weight rolls.
Roller System benefits:
• Provides even distribution of belt pressure for optimum heat transfer and excellent
• The rolls do not warp. This eliminates board quality defects, even after a stop.
• Weight rolls produce less drag on the belt, resulting in energy savings.
• There is no need to eliminate load on the belt edges as a paper width changes. This
ensures consistently good bonding across the entire web.
Heat Press (HP) Sliding Shoe System
The Heat Press system is a unique shoe design that is stiff in the cross machine direction. If only a small amount of web is under the shoe, the shoe will not tilt down.
Heat Press benefits:
• Provides excellent bonding while eliminating board crush.
• Ensures superior bond at the board edges regardless of the web width.
• Eliminates the need for “outside shoe offloading systems” and eliminates the belt wear associated with typical shoe systems that do not offload.
• Relatively simple system with few mechanical parts. Sections of holddown can be lifted or lowered by selecting any one of a series of Computer controlled zone hold-down section versus speed curves to accommodate various board grades.